What is a Word? - Discussion Questions
1. How is a word like a capsule, a data packet, or a vessel?
2. What challenges are there in communicating a pure idea from one person to another?
3. How is Jesus Christ like a word?
4. While a word is just a capsule or vessel to convey meaning, how is Jesus Christ MORE than just a word?
5. Consider the "3 parts of a word” as described in the video: If Jesus is like the word, which part is God the Father like? Which part is the Holy Spirit like?
6. Consider the following Scriptures in light of the previous question: John 1:14, John 16:27-28, Romans 5:10, 1 Corinthians 8:6, 1 Corinthians 12:3, 2 Peter 1:21
7. How is it significant that there is a triunity involved in the sharing an idea through a spoken word?
8. According to John 1 and Hebrews 1, did Jesus pre-exist with God?
9. What does it mean to be a relational being? Is God a relational Being? Why or why not?
10. Should our idea of the personality of the Father be different from that of the Son?